Katy Real Estate Litigation Lawyer
Your experienced real estate litigator serving the greater Houston area
Real estate litigation is complex, and the outcome can have a significant financial impact on your business. You want an experienced, knowledgeable attorney with a successful track record in real estate litigation.
At my office, Martin M. Hokanson, Attorney at Law, I have handled thousands of cases in more than 35 years of litigation experience with commercial real estate in Katy, Texas and the greater Houston area. I give every client my individual attention, negotiating hard with the other side and, when necessary, litigating your case in court in order to achieve a beneficial result for you.
How can a real estate litigation attorney help?
A real estate lawyer handles several steps of the litigation process:
- Reviews the contract and other documents. An attorney’s first step in any litigation is to understand the facts of the case, as well as the client’s position. The attorney reviews the contract and related letters, emails and other communications and discusses the situation in detail with the client.
- Negotiates with opposing counsel. Reaching an agreement out of court with the other party is usually better than going to court. It resolves the situation quicker and is less expensive than a court case, and avoids the uncertainties of a trial. In negotiating with the opposing counsel, your attorney should make a strong legal argument for your position and represent the benefits of your position to the other party. Your attorney can advise you on compromises, as well. The final decision is yours.
- Drafts legal pleadings. When a dispute goes to trial, each side’s attorney must write a document that argues the legality of your position and cites other relevant cases. The judge reads these documents prior to trial.
- Participates in hearings. Your attorney argues your case orally in front of the judge and may present and question expert witnesses and others.
- Files an appeal. If the court’s decision is against you, your attorney will prepare and file an appeal of the decision.
As a Katy commercial real estate litigator, I have successfully negotiated many disputes for my clients, including breach of contract, foreclosure litigation and construction litigation. I have handled thousands of cases, including over 200 trials, representing plaintiffs and defendants. My experience can benefit you in your real estate dispute.
What types of transactions can a real estate litigation attorney handle?
A disagreement leading to litigation can occur at any step of a commercial real estate transaction. To avoid problems, you should have a real estate attorney with litigation experience represent you. I handle most types of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including:
- Purchase, sale and lease
- Contract negotiations
Schedule a consultation to discuss your real estate litigation concerns
The complexities of real estate litigation require an experienced real estate litigation attorney. Contact me to schedule a consultation regarding your litigation matter. My regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but I can be available on evenings and weekends if that fits your schedule. My office is conveniently located on the Katy Freeway, with easy access from the Grand Parkway. Or, we can meet at a location convenient for you. To schedule your consultation, call me now at 832-919-7670 or contact me.