Katy Construction Contract Lawyer
Serving the greater Houston area with quality legal advice on construction contract disputes
In more than 35 years as a real estate litigation attorney, my firm, Martin M. Hokanson, Attorney at Law, has represented many small-business owners in construction contract disputes. When a contract is not clear or its specifications are not followed, construction costs exceed the budget and safety problems arise.
If you are involved in a dispute regarding construction of a new building or remodeling an existing one, I can help you, whether you are the business owner or a contractor. Serving the Katy and Houston areas, my litigation services include reviewing the contract, negotiating with the other party and representing you in court.
How does an attorney help with construction contract disputes?
A successful new construction or commercial remodeling project begins with a well-drafted contract. To help avoid commercial litigation after the construction starts, you should involve an experienced construction contract attorney in the drafting and review process. The attorney will help make sure that the contract:
- Represents your interests in a way that is fair to the other parties
- Is direct and not ambiguous, to avoid misinterpretation
- Specifies the responsibilities of each party, including any subcontractors
- Covers potential contingencies such as weather delays, delayed delivery of material and unexpected site conditions
An experienced attorney can provide advice on any type of construction contract, including new construction, change orders, completion and payment contracts. Disputes can arise with a contract when:
- One or more sections of the contract are not clear, or important information is left out
- The contractor, subcontractor or business owner ignores contracted requirements
- A worker is negligent or reckless on the job site, causing an accident
- The quality of the workmanship is substandard
When a problem or dispute arises after the contract is signed and the work has begun, you should hire a real estate litigation attorney to represent your side. The attorney will help with claims or lawsuits that arise from:
Schedule a consultation to discuss your construction contract
Whether you are establishing a construction contract to avoid delays and safety violations, or disputing an already-established contract that has gone awry, contact me for a consultation. As an experienced construction contract attorney, I have represented building owners and contractors, so I can represent you regardless of which side you are on. My regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., and I am available evenings and weekends as well. Conveniently located on the Katy Freeway, my office has easy access from the Grand Parkway. If you prefer, we can meet you at your office or other location convenient for you. To schedule your consultation, call me now at 832-919-7670 or contact me online.