Katy Real Estate Litigation and Probate Attorney Helps Protect Your Property
Knowledgeable counsel for real property disputes and estate planning
Whether you’re involved in a real estate conflict or looking to preserve your assets for the next generation, legal property concerns can be overwhelming. With more than 35 years of experience, I help clients find the best solutions to these challenges at my firm, Martin M. Hokanson, Attorney at Law. From my office in Katy, Texas, I deliver insightful legal advice on real estate, probate and business issues. For individuals, families and companies, I am here to help you move forward in the most efficient and effective manner.
Personal attention is the cornerstone of our law firm
Whether in a conference room or a courtroom, several qualities distinguish my practice:
- Experience — My unique perspective gained through more than three decades of practice serves my clients well. I have handled thousands of cases, including over 200 trials. I represent lenders, business owners and individuals, and understand all sides of a case.
- Reputation as a litigator’s litigator — I have earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for my high ethical standards and professional ability. Other firms often call on me to handle their difficult cases. I offer this level of skill to each client.
- Personal attention — I am a sole practitioner by choice. There are no other attorneys or paralegals in my office. I immerse myself in each case and handle all aspects myself, providing an exceptional, personal degree of support to each client.
- Competitive fees — As a sole practitioner who maintains an efficient office, my overhead is lower than that of large firms. As a result, my fees are very competitive. Litigation can be costly, but I want to keep it affordable for my clients.
From your first meeting with me, I am confident that you will recognize why so many people and companies rely on my counsel.
Meeting and exceeding client expectations for more than 35 years
Backed by a successful track record, I have helped countless business owners and individuals through a variety of legal issues, including:
- Real estate — When real estate disputes arise, unless you take great care, the value of your investment can be quickly destroyed through costly litigation. I work to settle disputes but am prepared to go to court when needed. I also handle contracts and other transactional concerns.
- Probate — Estate planning is essential for everyone, regardless of how much you own. Wills, trusts and powers of attorney protect your loved ones by specifying your wishes clearly and legally. I also assist with estate and probate administration and handle probate and trust disputes.
- Business and commercial litigation — When business disputes cannot be easily settled between two parties, I have the experience and judgment in business law to pursue a resolution through a variety of effective methods, including litigation.
- Business formation — When starting a small business, choosing the best organizational entity helps put you on the path to success. I will explain each type of entity’s legal requirements, compliance issues, personal liability and tax implications.
- Construction law — Commercial leases and construction contracts must be handled properly to protect your interests and avoid disputes. I represent building owners and contractors so they can limit unnecessary liability and maximize the return on their investment.
In each area of law, I take a hands-on approach in pursuit of your particular goals.